Lower Ohmer Lake Alaska Campground
Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
P.O. Box 2139; Ski Hill Rd.
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
Toll Free: 877-285-5628
Lower Ohmer Lake Campground located along Skilak Lake Road on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska. NOTE: There is no trash pick-up at these smaller campsites so please help us out by packing out your trash. Your assistance will help assure that these remarkable locations will be available for many years to come.
- Directions — Turn onto Skilak Lake Loop Road at mile 75.3 on the Sterling Highway and travel 8 miles east to the sign for Lower Ohmer Lake Campground; it's just a short distance to Lower Ohmer Lake campground.
- NOTE: Very limited turn around for larger rv's or trailers.
- Description — Lower Ohmer Lake is located in a small cove along the southern shore of the lake. Lower Ohmer Lake Campground include 3 campsites, fire pits, toilets, and rough boat launch suitable for small trailers.
- Number of campsites — 3
- Number and type of hookups — No Hook-Ups
- * 30 amp — N/A
- Water — Not Available; Bring your own water or fill up at Upper Skilak Lake Campground.
- Sewer — N/A – Pit Toilets Available
- Tent Sites — Yes
- Dates of Operation — Open Year Round
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites — N/A
- Max Length — While there is no maximum length posted for Lower Ohmer Lake Campground the layout does not offer adequate room to turn around larger rigs especially if other vehicles are present.
- Additional Amenities — Tables, Fire Pits, Toilets
- Payment Methods — (No Reservations)
NOTE: Throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, including areas like Lower Ohmer Lake Campground, pets are required to be on a leash no longer than nine feet at all times. Owners must be in control of pets at all times and must clean up pet waste. Please help us protect the right to bring our pets along on camping and outdoor trips.
Lower Ohmer Lake Campground
This is an amazing camping spot for families looking to get away from the crowds often seen in the more popular campgrounds along the Kenai River. While not really suited for larger rv's, Lower Ohmer Campground is the perfect destination for tent camping on the Kenai Peninsula. Larger RV's are better to go up the road to Hidden Lake Campground or follow the road around Ohmar Lake to Upper Skilak Lake Campground.
Skilak Lake Road Campgrounds
- Engineer Lake Campground
- Hidden Lake Campground
- Lower Ohmer Lake Campground
- Lower Skilak Lake Campground
- Upper Skilak Lake Campground