Quartz Creek Campground, Kenai Lake Alaska
U.S. Forest Service Campground
161 East 1st Avenue Door #8
Anchorage Alaska 99501
- Directions -Getting to Quartz Creek Campground is easy, just head on down the Sterling highway towards Kenai Lake and watch for Sunrise Lodge and Restaurant at milepost 45 where Quartz Creek Road turns off towards the lake. Follow this road a few hundred yards to the entrance to Quartz Creek Campground. Note that the first turn is for the picnic area and boat launch, the campground is just a hundred yards further up Quartz Creek Road.
- Description - One of the two larger campgrounds on Kenai Lake, the other is Trail River Campground on the upper end of the lake. Quartz Creek Campground offers 45 campsites with a few on the banks of Quartz Creek itself. Sites are nicely spaced and most are separated by shrubs and trees. There are a few pull-through's, some double sites and some longer sites for longer rigs pulling tags or trailers.
- Number of campsites - 45 campsites
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - N/A
- Number and type of hookups - No Hook-Ups
- * 30 amp - N/A
- Tent Sites - Yes
- Water - Centrally located water facets
- Sewer hookups - N/A
- Dump Station - Yes
- Dates of Operation - May 15th – Sept 20th
- Max Length - 70+ feet
- Additional Amenities - Water, flush toilets, tables, and a boat launch highlight this campground. Paved roads and
- Reservations - Available at www.recreation.gov. Some first come first served sites are reserved for travelers.
- Payment Methods - Honor System Kiosk - (No Reservations)
- Campground Host - Yes
Quartz Creek Campground is popular among fishermen in Alaska.
Fishing in Quartz Creek is mainly for Dolly Varden and Rainbow trout. There is also some good fishing in Kenai Lake for Rainbow and Lake Trout.
See the Alaska Department of Fish & Game regulatons before wetting a line.