Tell Your Friends About Camping in Alaska.
Fishing, beach combing, wildlife and more make Halibut campground on the Kenai Peninsula
a top destination for camping in Alaska.
Halibut Campground, Anchor Point AK.
Halibut Campground is one of the five state run campgrounds located near the mouth of the Anchor
River where you find Alaska State Parks, Anchor River State Recreation Area. Halibut campground
is the last campground along Anchor River Road and adjacent to the Anchor River tractor launch for
boats fishing the waters of Cook Inlet.
- Directions — Located between Ninilchik and Homer along the Sterling
Highway at Milepost 157. Take the turn onto the Old Sterling Highway and follow the road across
the river bridge. Turn right on Anchor River Road and follow the pavement to the enterance to the
campground adjecent to the beach access.
- Description — Nice campsites that are hard packed gravel and
fairly level. Great access to the beach and lots of eagles to keep you company.
- Fee — $12.00 Nightly
- Number of sites — 30 Campsites
- Dry Sites — 30 Campsites
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites — N/A
- Max Length — 40 Feet in select campsites
- Number and type of electric hookups - N/A
- * 30 amp — N/A
- * 50 amp — N/A
- Water — Centeral Hand Pump
- Sewer Hookups — N/A
- Dump Station — N/A
- Dates of Operation —
- Services - N/A
- Propane — N/A
- Fuel — N/A
- Store — N/A
- Tours — Halibut Charters Nearby
- Additional Amenities —
- Payment Methods Accepted —Self Regester Envelopes and Kosik