Camping at Lake Louise in Alaska is popular as the fishing for lake trout is legendary.
The state has choosen to turn the operations of Lake Louise Campground over to a private company. Camping fees raised once again; prices are currently $20.00 per night per vehicle and a boat launch fees of $15.00 per launch is collected too. For those looking to have a family picnic at Lake Louise Campground, there is also a day use fee of $7.00 per vehicle.
Lake Louise Campgrounds in Alaska
A short time ago, Lake Louise was a pretty remote lake located some distance from any real towns or settlements. Today there is not only a pair of state campgrounds on the lake but also many cabins and houses on the shores too. This small but thriving settlement of summer homes and a few year round residents have settled here because of the incredible Alaskan experience it offers.
- Directions - Lake Louise Campground is located at milepost 158 of the Glenn Highway where you turn north onto Lake Louise Road. Follow Lake Louise Road ½ mile to the T in the road. Turn left to go to Lake Louise Campground or turn right and follow it to Army Point Campground.
- Description -
- Number of sites - 67
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites -
- Max Length - No Size Limit, Sites very in length.
- Number and type of hookups - N/A
- * 30 amp - N/A
- * 50 amp - N/A
- * Solar Energy - Yup, this is a pretty sunny area so bring those solar panels and enjoy. This is the unit we installed to power our computers while on the road. Go Power! Complete Solar and Inverter System with 155 Watts of Solar It has performed flawlessly for over a year now.
- Dry Sites - 67
- Water - Hand Pump
- Sewer - No Dump Station
- Dates of Operation - Open All Year
- Services - Boat Launch
- Additional Amenities - camping, fishing, boating, bird watching, hiking, biking, berry picking, snow machining, skiing, skating, hunting, and Northern Lights viewing. Lake Louise offers great year round fishing and sports four species of fish: lake trout, whitefish, burbot and Arctic Grayling.
- Rates - $20.00 per night per site
- Rates - $15.00 Boat Launch Fee
- Rates - $7.00 Day Use Fee
- Payment Methods Accepted - Cash or Check
- Nearby Attractions - Lake Louise Lodge, Wolverine Lodge
Directions to Lake Louis Campground in Alaska
Mile 158 Glenn Highway to Lake Louise Road. Drive 0.4 miles to "T"; turn left for Lake Louise Campground, turn right for Army Point Campground.
Lake Louise Campground Alaska and Lake Louise Alaska State Recreation Area is located north east of Anchorage along the Glenn Highway.