Forest Acres Municipal Campground, Seward AK. One great camping
destination for families with children. Patrolled and monitored, it's pretty free of problems. Alcohol
is prohibited and this is well enforced making this a great place for families to come
and relax. Lots of things for kids to do and very bicycle friendly too. Sites are large and
well separated yet still close for group camping.
Forest Acres Campground in Seward AK.
- Directions - Forest Acres Campground is located just 2 miles north
of Seward and just off the Seward Highway on Hemlock Street.
- Description - While best suited for tent camping and smaller RV's,
Forest Acres Campground is a great destination with lots of fun family activities and a great
atmosphere of the Alaskan Outdoors.
- Number of sites - 40
- Dry Sites - 40
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - 1
- Max Length - Max 40 feet but most are best suited to small campers
and tents. Roads are tight and maneuvering space limited. Overhanging branches can tear rubber
roofing and damage vent covers.
- Number and type of electric hookups -
- * 30 amp - N/A
- * 50 amp - N/A
- Water - N/A
- Water Hookups - N/A
- Sewer Hookups - N/A
- Dump Station - Located in Seward on Ballaine Blvd, across from
the playground and ball fields.
- Dates of Operation - April 15- September 30
- Services -
- Propane - Located at the Power Stop gas station 2 blocks away.
- Fuel - Located at the Power Stop gas station 2 blocks away.
- Store - Safeway located just 1¾ blocks down the Seward
- Tours - Unlimited from the small boat harbor in Seward.
- Additional Amenities - has restrooms, a playground, tennis court,
basketball courts, Fort Raymond memorial, Seward Sanitarium memorial, and a motocross bike
- Payment Methods Accepted - Self-register Kiosk located at entrance
off Hemlock Street.
In effect April 15- September 30
- $10.00 US, per tent
- $20.00 US, per RV Dry (No Hookups)
- $40.00 US, per utility site (water/electric sites)
- $5.00 US, Dump Station
- Credit/Debit Cards are now accepted
- Checks are No Longer Accepted
- We can only allow US currency. No foreign currency
- Seward has a few banks or ATM's to accommodate your exchange needs
- Camping fees are set by resolution of the City Council, and are subject to change
- Showers: $2.00 for 5 minutes — coin operated
- Additional fee for sewer dump station