Dezadeash Lake Campground is a small Provincial campground on the lakeshore with
primitive camping, a boat launch and semi private campsites well separated by foliage. The lake
borders both the scenic Kluane National Park and the towering Saint Elias Mountains.
Dezadeash Lake Campground, Yukon Territory
Dezadeash Lake is a warm and shallow lake, rich in plant and animal life. Lake trout fishing
is the main attraction with lunkers up to 25 pounds common. Aside from the lakers, Dezadeash
Lake has a healthy population of northern pike with catches of pike in the 10 to 20 pound range.
My personal favorite has been flyfishing for Arctic grayling from the shoreline at the campground
and along the Haines Highway. Additionally Dezadeash Lake offers fishing for both whitefish
and burbot too.
- Directions – Located in the Yukon Territory, Dezadeash Lake
Campground on the Haines Highway is located between Kathleen
Lake Campground and Million
Dollar Falls Campground.
- Description – Dezadeash Lake is a popular camping destination
for those traveling between Haines Alaska and Haines Junction Yukon. Aside from this small
campground, many opt to spend a few days at Moe's
Yukon Ranch Adventures located on the Haines
end of the lake.
- Number of sites – 20
- Dry Sites (Tent Sites) – 20
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites – 12
- Max Length – No Maximum
- Number and type of electric hookups – N/A
- Water – Hand Pump
- Sewer Hookups – N/A
- Dump Station – N/A
- Dates of Operation – Open Year Round
- Services - N/A
- Propane – N/A
- Fuel – N/A
- Store – N/A
- Tours – N/A
- Additional Amenities – Tables, fire pits, pit toilets, excellent
- Payment Methods Accepted – Cash (Self Registration Envelopes
$12.00 Per Night)