An old gravel road leads through the campground towards Savage River. On clear
days, Mt. McKinley is visible from this near the river located just a short walk from all the
campsites in Savage River Campground. There are only two campgrounds in Denali Park that can
boast such incredible views - Savage River and Wonder Lake.
Savage River Campground - Denali National Park
- Directions - Savage River Campground is located at mile 13 on
the Park Road.
- Description - The smallest of the three vehicle-accessible
campgrounds in Denali, Savage River Campground has 33 sites available for tent or small RV campers.
This campground is not advised for RV's over 30 feet in length.
- Number of sites - 33
- Dry Sites - 33
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - N/A
- Max Length - About 30 Feet with very few exceptions
- Number and type of electric hookups -
- * 30 amp - N/A
- * 50 amp - N/A
- Water - Central Faucets
- Sewer Hookups - N/A
- Dump Station - Located near the store at the enterence to Denali
Park. Be sure to dump tanks prior to driving to Teklanika River Campground as once you arrive
you must remain at your site for the duration of your stay.
- Dates of Operation -
- Services -
- Propane - Located at the Riley Creek Mercantile
- Fuel - Located at the Riley Creek Mercantile
- Store - Located at the Riley Creek Mercantile
- Tours - Located at the Denali Visitor Center
- Additional Amenities - Campground Host, All campsites have a picnic
table and fire grate, Campsites are level and parking is gravel.
- Evening Campground Programs - Teklanika River: Daily,
starting May 30 to September
- Payment Methods Accepted - Credit Card
Reservations — Call 1-800-622-7275 or www.ReserveDenali.com
Contact Info — 907-683-9532 (park information,
7 days a week, 9a - 4p AK time)