Teklanika River Campground is located at mile 29 of the Denali Park Road. Teklanika River Campground is the second largest of the RV accessable campgrounds in Denali National Park. Teklanika River Campground has 53 campsites for RVs and/or tent camping.
- Directions - Teklanika River Campground is located at mile 29 of the Denali Park Road.
- Description - Teklanika River Campground is the furthest most campground inside of Denali Park that RV's are allowed to go. The road leading to Teklanika Campground is gravel from Savage River Campground but very well maintained with few places that limit travel. Camping at Teklanika River Campground you find that a number of the campsites are too short for large RV's.
- The Wilderness Access Center located at Mile 0.5 is where you can purchase your bus tickets and pay for your campsite if not previously reserved over the internet.
- Number of sites - 53
- Dry Sites - 53
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - 0
- Max Length - 40 Feet in select sites. Consider 30 to 35 feet more appropriate for a large percentage of the campsites.
- Number and type of electric hookups -
- * 30 amp - N/A
- * 50 amp - N/A
- Water - Central Faucets
- Sewer - N/A
- Dump Station - Located near the store at the enterence to Denali Park. Be sure to dump tanks prior to driving to Teklanika River Campground as once you arrive you must remain at your site for the duration of your stay.
- Dates of Operation -
- Services -
- Propane - Located at the Riley Creek Mercantile
- Fuel - Located at the Riley Creek Mercantile
- Store - Located at the Riley Creek Mercantile
- Tours - Located at the Denali Visitor Center
- Additional Amenities - Campground Host, All campsites have a picnic table and fire grate, Campsites are level and parking is gravel.
- Activities - Narrated bus tours, shuttle trips into park, ranger led hikes, backcountry hiking and camping, river rafting, horse pack trips, wildlife viewing, berry picking.
- Evening Campground Programs - Teklanika River: Daily, starting May 30 to September
- Payment Methods Accepted - Credit Card
Reservations — Call 1-800-622-7275 or www.ReserveDenali.com
Contact Info — 907-683-9532 (park information, 7 days a week, 9a - 4p AK time)