Coeur d’Alene Campground
Coeur d’Alene Campground is a much smaller facility with six tent sites. There are toilets,
fire pits, and tables, but no water. Large RVs and trailers are emphatically discouraged.
- Directions - Coeur d’Alene Campground is located off of the Hope
Highway by turning right at Milepost 16.2 onto Resurrection Creek Road. Travel about ½ mile
before turning left onto Palmer Creek Road, watch for signs. It's now a short 6
miles to Coeur d’Alene Campground. Caution is advised as Palmer Creek Road is quite narrow
and with the loose gravel and limited visibility this road can become a hazard when oncoming
traffic is present.
- Description - The campground it very primitive in terms of RV
or trailer campsites goes but the tranquility and virgin beauty greatly enriches a semi-remote
setting that is perfect for those wanting a more wilderness experience without totally leaving
the twenty-first century behind.
- Number of sites - 6 campsites; mostly for tent camping.
- Number and type of hookups - None
- * 30 amp - None
- * 50 amp - None
- Water - None
- Sewer - None
- Dry Sites - 6
- Dates of Operation - Open All Year
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - None
- Max Length - Not recommended for larger RV's due to ruts and clearance
- Services - toilets, fire pits, and tables, but no water or outhouse
- Additional Amenities - Additionally, three
primitive cabins located at East Creek, Fox Creek, and Caribou Creek are available by reservation
for 3 to 7 days at a time depending on the season. All three cabins are maintained by the
U.S. Forest Service.
- Payment Methods Accepted - No reservations are taken for the Coeur
d'Alene campground and there is no fee to use the campground. The maximum stay is 14 days.