Whittier Alaska Creekside Campground
Glacier Avenue, Whittier, AK.
Creekside Campground, Whittier AK.
Spectacular scenery highlights Creekside Campground in Whittier, AK. The campground is located
on the sidehill off of Glacier Avenue just above the boat launch in Whittier.
- Directions — From the Seward Highway you take Portage Glacier
Road and follow it to the tunnel entrance. Once you pass through the Whittier Tunnel just continue
along the road into town. After crossing the bridge over Whittier Creek take a right onto Whittier
Road following it up to Glacier Road. Turn right onto Glacier Avenue and follow this to the entrance
to the Campground.
- Description — Located on the back side of Whittier above and
overlooking the port and town, Whittier Alaska Campground offers outstanding views of towering
mountains, massive glaciers, the Whittier cruise ship terminal and small boat harbor plus a panoramic
view of the town of Whittier itself.
- Number of sites — 50
- Dry Sites — 50
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites — N/A
- Max Length — 40 Feet
- Number and type of electric hookups:
- * 20 amp — N/A
- * 30 amp — N/A
- * 50 amp — N/A
- Water Available —
- Water Hook-Ups — N/A
- Sewer Hook-Ups — N/A
- Dump Station — N/A
- Road Surface — Gravel
- Campground Host — N/A
- Dates of Operation — Memorial Day - Early October
- Propane —
- Fuel —
- Store —
- Tours —
- Additional Amenities —
- Payment Methods Accepted — Campground Self Pay Kiosk