Arguably one of the more popular campgrounds in the Anchorage area is Eklutna
Lake Campground located north of Anchorage above the town of Eagle River.
Eklutna Lake Campground in Eagle River, Alaska
Eklutna Lake Campground has fresh water, picnic tables, fire pits and campground host. There
is also a separate overflow camping area with an additional 15 campsites available when needed.
Eklutna Lake Campground is a fee camping area; $15.00 per night. Camping is limited to
15 consecutive nights.
- Directions - From Glenn Highway, take Eklutna Exit at Mile 26.
Turn toward mountains and follow park signs 10 miles on gravel road to Eklutna Lake and campground.
- Description - 50 dedicated campsites plus an additional 15 sites
in the overflow area make this one of the larger campgrounds in the Anchorage area.
- Number of sites - 50+
- Dry Sites - 50 Dry Campsites
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - N/A
- Max Length - 50+ Feet
- Number and type of hookups -
- * 30 amp - N/A
- * 50 amp - N/A
- Water - Yes but no hookups at sites
- Sewer - N/A
- Dates of Operation - May through Sept.
- Services -
- Additional Amenities -
- Payment Methods Accepted - Envelopes and Campground Kiosk
Campgrounds near Eagle River Alaska
Aside from Eklutna Lake Campground there are a few other campgrounds near Eagle River that
offer similar accomodations.
- Eagle River Campground is located just south of town along the shores of Eagle River.
- Centennial Campground, Anchorage
- Bird Creek Campground on the Seward Highway
- Ship Creek RV Park in downtown Anchorage
along the shores of Ship Creek.
- Anchorage RV Park in downtown Anchorage next to Cal
- Creekwood Inn Motel, Cabin and RV Park in Anchorage