Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
Mile 28.2 on Nabesna Road
Slana, Alaska 99586
Kendesnii Campground at mile 28.2 is the main camping destination along the Nabesna
Road in the wilderness of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve.
Nabesna Road Campgrounds
Kendesnii Campground, formerly known as Twin Lake Campground, offers 10 rustic campsites
with picnic tables, fire rings, bear proof garbage containers, small boat launch and a private
setting that provides a very nice camping experience for camping. Some sites are adequate for
larger RV's. Campsites at Kendesnii Campground are on a first-come, first-served basis and the
free fee is something spectacular too. There are additional sites near the shoreline of the
lakes accessed by the short hiking trails from the campground. Kendesnii Campground offers a
great family destination with canoeing, wildlife and waterfowl viewing plus some good fishing
for grayling too.
Firewood is available at Sportsman's Paradise Lodge next to the campground.
- Directions – Kendesnii Campground is located 28.2 up Nabesna
Road from the intersection with the Tok Cutoff near Slana, AK.
- Description – This is a semi-rustic campground with 10 rustic
campsites. The campground has been upgraded with new gravel, outhouses and more. Kendesnii
Campground is in excellent shape.
- Number of sites – 10 campsites
- Number and type of hookups –
- * 30 amp – N/A
- * 50 amp – N/A
- Water – N/A
- Sewer – Closest dump station is located at Hart D Ranch
in Slana, AK.
- Dry Sites – No Hook-Ups or Water Available
- Dates of Operation – Open Year Round
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites – N/A
- Max Length – N/A
- Services – N/A
- Additional Amenities –picnic tables, fire rings, bear proof
garbage containers, small boat launch
- Payment Methods Accepted – Still Free - YeePee