Find cheap Alaska campgrounds, free camping in some of the more remote wilderness campsites in Alaska, affordable public use cabins and there are even some budget friendly RV parks in Alaska too.
The need for cheap campgrounds in Alaska has never been larger than it is today. As more and more young families are struggling with the increases in living expenses throughout the Last Frontier, their budgets for pleasure and recreation begin to quickly dissolve.
For years, outdoor recreation has been the single most used outlet offering physical and emotional releases of daily tensions and anxiety that build up within all of us. Loosing that outlet can have many negative results all throughout society. Affordable recreation can and should be accessible to everyone and the benefits from with will be scene in all sectors of our communities.
While there are many affordable Alaska camping trips to be had, few of them are within a relatively close drive to the main residential areas in Alaska.
Cheap Campgrounds in Alaska
- Forest Acres Campground — Thank You Seward Alaska! Why every town in Alaska doesn't provide something as simple as this is totally beyond me. Simple yet fun for the whole family; Forest Acres Campground is very popular with those camping on a budget but looking for more than a open spot to pitch their tents. Easy access to day upon days of great family fun.
- Chena River State Recreation Site — Another of those exceptional family campgrounds priced to allow everyone equal access to the great Alaskan outdoors. also known as Chena River Wayside or China River Campground, is located in downtown Fairbanks on the banks of the Chena River.
- Kepler Lake Campground — WOW, what a fantastic place for families looking to get away from all those big motorhomes. Kepler Lake Campground is located at Mile 37½ of the Glenn Highway, about 1½ miles east of where the George Parks Highway meets the Glenn Highway.
- Hidden Lake Campground Alaska — Run by the U.S.F.S. this is one of the hidden gems in Alaska where with just a small boat, canoe or kayak you can reach the islands where some of the best free camping in Alaska can be found.
- Trail River Campground Alaska — How such a wonderful campground can go so unappreciated is simply unimaginable.
- Ptarmigan Campground Alaska — Located on the banks of Ptarmigan Creek along the Seward Highway, this inexpensive campground is a great place for taking the kids for an overnight outing. Take the family hiking along the 3½ mile long trail to the shores of Ptarmigan Lake where the serenity of the experience will take everyone by surprise.
- Riley Creek Campground in Denali National Park — located just inside Denali Park.
- Tangle Lakes Campground — located where the pavement ends on the Denali Road heading west from the Richardson Highway.