Hidden Lake Alaska Campground
CampgroundsAlaska.com is not a government run website and exists as an entirely separate website run by people who have no connection to the federal, state or local government. This site is published as a free information resource from actual users of the Alaskan campsites listed within the pages of this website. All information is current when published but as with all things changes do occur. The fact that Hidden Lake Campground no longer has a campground host is one of those unfortunate occurrences.
Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
P.O. Box 2139; Ski Hill Rd.
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
Toll Free: 877-285-5628
Hidden Lake Campground located along Skilak Lake Road on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska is a popular campsite maintained by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Directions - The campground is located in a small cove along the northern shore of Skilak Lake.
- Description - Rated as one of the more popular campgrounds on the
Kenai Peninsula, Hidden Lake Campground offers paved roads with paved sites as well. Wide and private
campsites offering outstanding landscapes for family fun, a great beach with a concrete boat launch,
great fishing and boating, loads of wildlife including lynx, bears, squirrels and loons. Campsites
are arranged around three loops. Lake Loop is on the shores of Hidden Lake where 6 campsites are
located. Ridge Loop is located on the hill just behind the Lake Loop. There are 12 campsites spread
through the knolls and trees and paths leading down to the lake. just beyond this is Skyview Loop
where 26 more campsites are nestled in secluded locations where you will be hard pressed to realize
there is anyone within miles of your camp. Our personal favorites were sites 15, 22 and 24 on Skyview
Loop. Site 15, a pull-through, is reserved for handicapped campers.
- NOTE: Handicapped sites are no longer available for non-handicapped users at any time. Do not use without the proper documents.
- Campground Rating — ☆★★★★
- Number of sites - 44
- Reservable Campsites - None
- Number and type of hookups - Hidden Lake Campground offers No Hook-Ups.
Generators can be run between 8 am and 9 pm.
- * 30 amp - N/A
- Water - Centrally Located Hand Pumps
- Sewer - Dump Station located at entrance to campground road
- Tent Only Sites - None (tent camping on the islands is a very popular option for boaters as well as canoe and kayakers.) We have been camping on the islands for over 35 years and still do so on occation.
- Dates of Operation - Open Year Round
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - 2 (Skyview Loop sites 7 and 15)
- Max Length - 70 feet
- Additional Amenities - tables, fire pits, boat launch, viewing dock, picnic day use area on lake shore, separate area for trailer parking doubles as overflow camping.
- Payment Methods - Honor System - Iron Ranger - (No Reservations)
As you click through this section one immediately sees a vast assortment of road accessible campgrounds throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. All of these campsites are available only on the first-come, first serve basis; there is no reservation system for Kenai National Wildlife Refuge campgrounds. A quick word about camping fees - America The Beautiful, Federal Interagency Senior Pass and the Access Passes (For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities) reduce camping fees by 50% in any of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge campgrounds.
NOTE: Throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, including Hidden Lake Campground, pets are required to be on a leash no longer than nine feet at all times. Owners must be in control of pets at all times and must clean up pet waste. Please help us protect the right to bring our pets along on camping and outdoor trips.
Skilak Lake Road Campgrounds
- Engineer Lake Campground
- Hidden Lake Campground
- Lower Ohmer Lake Campground
- Lower Skilak Lake Campground
- Upper Skilak Lake Campground
Find some exciting info about camping in your RV at Hidden Lake Campground near Sterling Alaska. We now include additional material for the Hidden Lake campground including info for RV camping, Hidden Lake campground features, fees and photos too. Campground Etiquette