River Campground on Kenai Lake, while there are no RV hook-up, is still on the recommended
list as this is one of the most scenic campgrounds on the entire Kenai Peninsula. Large private
campsites and loads of trails leading to the river and to the lake shore too make this a very fun
and active camping experience for visitors of all ages. While the lower loop offers trail access
to the lake shore, the upper loops remain as some of our favorites as the solitude they offer is
truly an Alaskan experience worth returning for.
Trail River Campground, AK
Chugach National Forest, US Forest Service
3705 Arctic Blvd. #2337
Anchorage AK 99503
Trail River Campground is divided into four main loops.
- Lakeside Day Use Area - Picnic sites with parking.
- Spruce Trees Loop has lots of private campsites that offer excellent views of the mountains
in all directions.
- Eagle Point Loop offers sites overlooking Kenai Lake with well maintained trails to the lake
- River Terrace Loop are the closest campsites to Trail River.
- Directions - Watch for the campground sign at mile 24.2 of the Seward
Highway just past Trail River Bridge when heading south, now turn onto Trail River Road and follow
this for 2 miles to campground entrance.
- Description - Trail River Campground on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska
is located just south of Moose Pass along the shores of Kenai Lake. Trail River Campground offers
excellent sites on Kenai Lake and along the banks of Trail River where the river enters the lake.
Surrounded by forested mountains and breathtaking scenery all sites have been recently upgraded
and refurbished. Trails traverse the wilderness and the beach is a popular place to go for an evenings
stroll. fishing from the campground is available in the lake and the river too.
- Number of campsites - 53
- Number and type of hookups - No Hook-Ups
- * 30 amp - N/A
- Water - Centrally Located Hand Pump
- Sewer - N/A
- Tent Sites - Yes
- Dates of Operation - Mid May through Labor Day.
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - 13
- Max Length - 70 feet
- Additional Amenities - Fire rings, Wheelchair Accessible, Hiking Trails,
Lake and River Fishing, Playground, Group Camping Area.
- Payment Methods - Honor System Kiosk - (Reservations through )
One of the best Alaska campgrounds with excellent fishing access on Kenai Lake and Trail River
located on the Kenai Peninsula.