Chilkoot State Park
Alaska State Parks
10 Mile Lutak Road
Haines, AK 99827
Haines Alaska Campgrounds
Pictures of Chilkoot Lake Campground located at Chilkoot State
Park in Haines AK.
Chilkoot State Park located 10 miles north of Haines off Lutak Road, very scenic, 32 spaces,
some with lake views. Fire rings, water, toilets, picnic tables, fishing, boat launch.
hosts provide information & reference materials at last site.
May 15 to October 15.
- Directions – From Haines, follow Lutak Road five miles past
the Alaska ferry terminal to the turnoff for Chilkoot River Road that "Y" off to the left
just before the road crosses the Chilkoot River bridge. Follow Chilkoot River Road about
¾ mile to the campground entrance. The campground is located on the left of the boat
- Description –
- Number of sites – 32 Campsites
- Dry Sites (Tent Sites) – 32 Campsites
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites – 5 Pull Through Sites
- Max Length – 35+ Feet
- Number and type of electric hookups – N/A
- Water – Hand Pump
- Water Hookups – N/A
- Dump Station – N/A
- Sewer Hookups – N/A
- Dates of Operation – Open Year Round
- Services -
- Propane – Haines, AK.
- Fuel –Haines, AK.
- Store –Haines, AK.
- Tours – Yes, Chilkoot Lake Tours
- Additional Amenities – Tables, fire pits, pit toilets, lake
- Payment Methods Accepted – Cash (Self Registration Envelopes
$15.00 Per Night)