Yukon RV Parks - Johnson's Crossing
Johnson's Crossing RV Campground and Motel
Mile 808 Alaska Highway
Johnson's Crossing, Yukon
Under new management in 2014, Johnson's Crossing at historical mile 836 of the Alaska Highway is located just after the Teslin River bridge heading north towards Whitehorse Yukon. Johnson's Crossing is a popular stop among bicyclists, motorbike and other tent campers heading out to discover the amazing Canol Road leading up north to Ross River and the Robert Campbell Highway.
- Directions – Johnson's Crossing Campground and Lodge is located at historical mile 836 of the Alaska Highway, at the junction of the Canol Road where the highway crosses the Teslin River.
- Description – Johnson's Crossing offers full service campsites with 20 and 30 amp power plus tent camping dry sites too. Gas and a fantastic restaurant are available with freshly baked breads and pastries. Great access to fishing on the Teslin River and in nearby lakes and streams.
- Number of sites – 50+
- Dry Sites (Tent Sites) – 10+
- Group Sites – 3 plus 3 group tent sites
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites – 30
- Max Length – 70+ Feet
- Number and type of electric hookups -
15 and 30 amp
- * 15 amp – 10
- * 30 amp – 10
- * 50 amp – N/A
- Water – 30
- Sewer Hookups – 20
- Dates of Operation – Open All Year
- Services -
- Bathrooms – Yes
- Showers – Yes
- Grocery's – Yes
- Bathrooms – Yes
- TV Hookups – No
- Free WiFi – Yes
- Group Sites – Yes
- Handicap Friendly – Yes
- Dump Station – Yes
- Propane – N/A
- Fuel – Gas and Diesel
- Store – No
- Gift Shop – Yes
- Restaurant – Home Cooked Meals and a Bakery Too.
- Additional Amenities – Fishing Licenses and tackle; hiking trails;
- Payment Methods Accepted – Cash or Credit Cards
The owners and staff are all very friendly and the food in the restaurant is top notch home cooking. Rooms in the hotel have been completely remodeled and are reasonably priced. The couple that own and run Johnson's Crossing are hard working and very accommodating people. I recommend the stop there. Try the Fresh Baked Cinnamon Buns!