U.S. Forest Service
161 East 1st Avenue Door #8
Anchorage Alaska 99501
Primrose Campground is a small campground located along the Seward Highway. Primrose Campground offers private camping experience along the banks of Primrose Creek. There is a well maintained boat launch on Kenai Lake, large parking area for hikers heading off for the serene wilderness area accessed from the Primrose Trailhead and lots of great Alaskan scenery to enjoy for free. Primrose Campground maintains a seasonal campground host to help make your stay safe and comfortable.
- Campground Rating — ☆★★★★
- Directions - Travel south on the Seward Highway to Milepost 17
- Description - Primrose Campground is located close to the Primrose Trailhead on the shores of Kenai Lake.
- Number of campsites - 8 Sites
- Number and type of hookups - No Hook-Ups
- * 30 amp - N/A
- Water - Centrally Located Hand Pump
- Sewer - N/A
- Tent Sites - Yes
- Dates of Operation - Open All Year
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - N/A
- Max Length - 38 feet
- Additional Amenities - Water, toilets, tables, fire pits, garbage dumpsters, boat launch.
- Services - Primrose Trailhead Parking Area
- Payment Methods - Honor System Kiosk - (No Reservations)
Primrose Trailhead Parking Area
There is a large parking area along the waters edge that is designated for campground overflow and parking spaces for the Primrose Trailhead Parking Area.