Engineer Lake Alaska Campground
Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
P.O. Box 2139; Ski Hill Rd.
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
Toll Free: 877-285-5628
Engineer Lake Campground located along Skilak Lake Road on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska.
NOTE: There is no trash pick-up at these smaller campsites so please help us out by packing out your trash. Your assistance will help assure that these remarkable locations will be available for many years to come.
- Directions - Turn onto Skilak Lake Loop Road at mile 75.3 on the Sterling Highway and travel 8 miles east to the sign for Engineer Lake Campground; it's just a short distance to Engineer Lake Campground.
- Description - Engineer Lake Campground is located in a small cove along the southern shore of the lake. Engineer Lake Campground include 3 campsites, water, firepits, toilets, and rough boat launch suitable for small trailers.
- Number of campsites - 3
- Number and type of hookups - No Hook-Ups
- * 30 amp - N/A
- Water - Centrally Located Hand Pump
- Sewer - N/A
- Tent Sites - Yes
- Dates of Operation - Open Year Round
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - N/A
- Max Length - N/A
- Additional Amenities - Tables, Fire Pits, Potable Water and a Boat Launch
- Payment Methods - (No Reservations)
As you click through this section one immediately sees a vast assortment of road accessible campgrounds throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. All of these campsites are available only on the first-come, first serve basis; there is no reservation system for Kenai National Wildlife Refuge campgrounds. A quick word about camping fees - America The Beautiful, Federal Interagency Senior Pass and the Access Passes (For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities) reduce camping fees by 50% in any of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge campgrounds.
NOTE: Throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, pets are required to be on a leash no longer than nine feet at all times. Owners must be in control of pets at all times and must clean up pet waste. Please help us protect the right to bring our pets along on camping and outdoor trips.
Engineer Lake Cabin
Engineer Lake cabin is easily accessible from
Engineer Lake campground via a 1 mile hike on the Seven Lakes trail. Engineer Lake cabin is
available for reservations year round. Engineer Lake cabin is equipped with two bunk beds, table
with benches, broom, shovel, water bucket, fire extinguisher, established campfire ring and a wood
stove for heat. A detached outhouse is provided.
Rate: $45 per night.
Skilak Lake Road Campgrounds
- Engineer Lake Campground
- Hidden Lake Campground
- Lower Ohmer Lake Campground
- Lower Skilak Lake Campground
- Upper Skilak Lake Campground