Stariski Campground, Alaska State Parks
Panoramic views of Cook Inlet and the sandy beaches make your stay at Stariski creek campground one that you will long remember. Bluff campsites are a great place to see and photograph eagles in flight as they soar above the beaches below.
Stariski campground is located along the bluff at milepost 151 along the Sterling Highway near Anchor Point, Alaska. Stariski SRS is one of those small campgrounds that all too often goes unnoticed. With only 13 dry sites, only a few of which are truly RV friendly as most are short and fitted for camper or tent camping. Even with these restrictions, it amazes me that few people actually stop to take in this wonderful little campground and all that it has to offer.
Stariski Creek Campground camping fees remain unchanged in the January 1, 2015 Alaska State Park
fee schedule. Camping remains $12.00 per campsite per night.
Updated July 01, 2015
- Directions — Stariski campground is located
between Ninilchik and Homer along the Sterling Highway at Milepost 157.
Long rigs may experience problems making corners and tall rigs must be cautious of overhanging trees.
- Description — While Stariski campground may be small the panoramic views are as large as they come. The campground is located on the bluff overlooking the beaches of Cook Inlet with excellent views of Mount Iliamna, Redoubt Volcano and Augustine Volcano too.
- Campground Rating — ★★★★★
- Number of sites — 13
- Dry Sites — 13
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites — N/A
- Max Length — 30 Feet but limited room for slides. Trailers experience problems negotiating tight corners - very limited maneuvering room for RV's.
- Number and type of electric hookups —
- * 30 amp — N/A
- * 50 amp — N/A
- Water — N/A
- Sewer Hookups — N/A
- Dump Station — N/A
- Dates of Operation — Mid May — September
- Services —
- Propane — N/A
- Fuel — N/A
- Store — N/A
- Tours — N/A
- Additional Amenities — N/A
- Payment Methods Accepted —$12 Cash; Honor System Kiosk - (No Reservations)