Upper Skilak Lake Alaska Campground
Campground Host positions are available for Hidden Lake and Upper Skilak Lake Campgrounds.
Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
P.O. Box 2139; Ski Hill Rd.
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
Toll Free: 877-285-5628
Upper Skilak Lake Campground located along Skilak Lake Road on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska is a popular campsite maintained by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
The second largest campground along Skilak Lake Road, Upper Skilak Lake Campground offers plenty of both scenery, recreation and seclusion too.
- Directions - Turn onto Skilak Lake Loop Road at mile 75.3 on the Sterling Highway and travel 10.6 miles east to the sign for Upper Skilak Lake Campground; the turn is beside Lower Omhar Lake. Travel 2 miles south to Upper Skilak Campground.
- Description - The campground is located in a small cove along the northern shore of Skilak Lake. Upper Skilak Campground include 26 campsites, tables, firepits, water, toilets, and boat launch.
- Number of campsites - 26
- Number and type of hookups - No Hook-Ups
- * 20 amp - N/A
- * 30 amp - N/A
- Water Hook-Up - N/A
- Water - Centrally Located Hand Pump
- Sewer Hook-Up - N/A
- Dump Station - Located on Skilak Lake Road between upper and lower campgrounds.
- Tent Sites - Yes
- Dates of Operation - Open Year Round
- Number of Pull-Thru Sites - N/A
- Max Length - 60 feet
- Additional Amenities - Tables, Fire Pits, Boat Launch, Separate Day Use Trailer Parking
- Payment Methods - Honor System - Iron Ranger - (No Reservations)
As you click through this section one immediately sees a vast assortment of road accessible campgrounds throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. All of these campsites are available only on the first-come, first serve basis; there is no reservation system for Kenai National Wildlife Refuge campgrounds. A quick word about camping fees - America The Beautiful, Federal Interagency Senior Pass and the Access Passes (For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities) reduce camping fees by 50% in any of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge campgrounds.
NOTE: Throughout the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, pets are required to be on a leash no longer than nine feet at all times. Owners must be in control of pets at all times and must clean up pet waste. Please help us protect the right to bring our pets along by following these simple rules.
Skilak Lake Road Campgrounds
- Engineer Lake Campground
- Hidden Lake Campground
- Lower Ohmer Lake Campground
- Lower Skilak Lake Campground
- Upper Skilak Lake Campground